School-based operations/administration jobs
Located on a 25-acre campus on Mulholland Highway in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, Viewpoint is a ¬¬¬¬coeducational day school enrolling 1,200 students in Grades Kindergarten through Twelve. Founded in 1961, the School has a strong faculty, excellent reputation, selective admissions, and highly-regarded academic program. Bob Dworkoski has been the Headmaster for 25 years, and the School has grown significantly under his leadership. The School’s administrators are strong and stable.
Viewpoint School seeks a positive, creative, outgoing, and energetic professional to work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer, Headmaster, the Advancement Team, and our volunteers in the design and implementation of Viewpoint’s Annual Fund program. The ideal candidate will have substantial, successful leadership experience in an independent school and/or college setting. Excellent compensation.
• Initiates and oversees the design, scheduling, and production coordination of a timely, themed direct mail campaign for the Annual Fund ($1.6M goal for FY11-12).
• Provides support and direction to the Annual Fund Chair and Annual Fund volunteers.
• Identifies, recruits, and trains Annual Fund volunteers
• Organizes fall phonathons to launch the Annual Fund, as well as ongoing calling efforts and a proactive plan throughout the year to reach the Annual Fund’s dollar and participation goals.
• Initiates and directs education to Viewpoint’s community about the importance of the Annual Fund through the proactive cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
• Develops and implements a robust personal solicitation program for the leadership donors, engaging Trustees in the identification, cultivation, and stewardship of these prospective donors.
• Works collaboratively with the Advancement Coordinator to use Raiser’s Edge software to manage and execute nearly every aspect of the Annual Fund’s operation.
• Coordinates with Director of Alumni Relations to increase Annual Fund participation by the alumni.
• Analyzes Annual Fund results and strategizes the Fund’s next steps through report data on a monthly basis throughout the year.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Master’s preferred.
• Minimum 5 years experience in development and communications.
• Experience in donor management, volunteer leadership, and event planning.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
Required Skills, Qualities and Personal Traits:
• Consummate skill in:
o Building and maintaining teamwork.
o Written and verbal communication.
o All Microsoft applications, and ideally Raisers Edge
• Personal traits:
o Self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm.
o Excellent interpersonal relations.
o Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.