About the Charter School Board Portal
The Charter School Board Matching Portal was born out of a realization that without strong boards we cannot have strong schools, but that finding excellent trustees to serve on those boards can often be a challenging and time-consuming process. Likewise, we know that there are many talented New Yorkers out there across a spectrum of professions who are looking for a worthy cause to which to dedicate their time. We're hoping this portal will bring these schools and these New Yorkers together.
- Free, convenient, online registration
- Matches with charter schools who need trustees based on your areas of interest, areas of expertise and location
- Access to all LinkEducation.org has to offer including education related job postings
How to Subscribe:
- Go to www.linkeducation.org and create or login to your User profile
- After completing as much information as you like on your general LinkEducation.org profile, click the 'Join a Board' link
- Complete the details about yourself and select the privacy setting of your choice to begin sharing more information about your interests with schools looking for trustees
Please note that there may be a lag in the number of school board openings listed during the initial launch period. Continue to check back to the portal over time to see your opportunities to join a school board grow. We hope you are able to find a great match!
Charter Schools, you've developed the strong academic program - let us help you develop a strong Board!
Sign up as a Charter School Member of the Portal on LinkEducation.org to gain access to:
- A convenient, online, matching service to connect you with professional New Yorkers eager to serve on Charter School Boards.
- Matches with professionals based on the needs of your particular Board.
- Four 'Matching Mixers' a year where you can meet and connect with potential Board Trustees as well as other Charter Schools.
- All that LinkEducation.org already has to offer.
This portal service will be offered to Charter Schools at the rate of $250/year. The next Mixer/Launch party will be held April 4, 2011 at Learning Leaders (80 Maiden Lane, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10038). RSVP required. Free for portal subscribers; $100 for two (2) attendees if not a current portal subscriber. Additional mixers will be held quarterly.
Subscribe with us now online:
Know of potential board members / trustees and/or charter schools that may benefit from participating in the Board Portal? Share this page with them: